Penne with roasted onions, gorgonzola and walnutsServes 4
The combination of sweet onions, blue cheese and walnuts is irresistible.
- 3 large onions, peeled and halved
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 300g (10 ½oz) penne or other pasta shapes
- 100g (3 ½oz) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 75g (2 ¾oz) toasted walnut pieces
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut each onion half into crescent-shaped slices, about 1.5cm (⅝in) thick. Toss in a roasting tin with the olive oil, balsamic and seasoning. Roast at 190ºC/375ºF/gas mark mark 5 for 30–35 minutes, shaking the tin every so often. The onions should be tender and slightly charred.
- Cook the pasta, drain and return it to the saucepan. Add the onions and the rest of the ingredients. Stir and serve.